In two weeks, tune in to the new Mega Man Battle Network Marathon V5.5 hosted by speedrunning group TeamBN! Starting on December 17, 2016, the team will be racing through a number of Battle Network and Star Force games, some in ways that haven’t been seen before. This time also sees the inclusion of two additional games, namely Mega Man X: Command Mission, a Mega Man RPG from another mother, and Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand, a series which frequently crossed over with MMBN.
Additionally, this marathon is a great time to catch up with recent news in the (fan) game development community. Shown off in this iteration are several fan games including MMBN Chrono X, MMBN 3D, Shanghai EXE, MMBN Project Genesis and Kura5 (Boktai 3D), as well as MMBN-inspired games like the recently Kickstarted Tri Wing, and Endcycle (previously known as Voxel Generation). Some of the developers will also host a live Q&A following the demonstration!
The Mega Man Battle Network Marathon V5.5 will be hosted on TeamBN’s Twitch channel. It starts on December 17, 2016, at 11:00 AM UTC (that’s 6:00 AM PST, 3:00 AM EST and 12:00 PM CET). It will run for just over one day. The list of games played is as follows — check the schedule link below for more details!
- Mega Man Battle Network 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue
- Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar
- Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker × Ninja
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
- Mega Man Network Transmission
- Mega Man X: Command Mission
- Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand
- Mega Man Battle Network Chrono X (+ Q&A)
- Mega Man Battle Network 3D (+Q&A)
- Mega Man Battle Network Project Genesis (+ Q&A)
- Shanghai EXE: Genso Network
- Kura5: Bonds of the Undying (Boktai 3D) (+ Q&A)
- Tri Wing (+ Q&A)
- Endcycle (+ Q&A)