Speedrunning group TeamBN is back once again this summer with a new marathon! This weekend, catch the Mega Man Battle Network Speedrun Marathon V5 on the RPG Limit Break Twitch channel. In the span of about two days, the good folks from TeamBN will be speeding through all six main Mega Man Battle Network games, as well as some spin-offs and the first Mega Man Star Force game.
Several MMBN fangames will be shown during the marathon, so if you’re not up to speed with the recent developments, this is a great way to catch up. Included in the marathon are MMBN Chrono X by MegaDudes, MMBN 3D by HeatPhoenix, and new to the marathon, Japanese Touhou-inspired fangame Shanghai.EXE Genso Network by Koki! We hear the Chrono X and MMBN3D teams will be showing off some new surprises as well, so make sure you don’t miss it.
Another highlight is BCC Plays BCC: a twist on Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge where you can submit your own Program Deck and watch your Navi duke it out live on the stream. Get those Navi Codes ready!
The Mega Man Battle Network Speedrun Marathon V5 kicks off on June 25th, at 4:00 PM UTC (that’s 12:00 PM EDT, 9:00 AM PDT, and 6:00 PM CEST). It’s set to run for roughly 37 hours, all the way throughout the rest of the weekend. You’ll be able to watch it at RPG Limit Break. The tentative list of games played is as follows; check out the full schedule for more details!
- Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar
- Shanghai.EXE Genso Network
- Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon
- Mega Man Battle Network 3D (Demo)
- Mega Man Battle Network Chrono X (Showcase)
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (BCC Plays BCC)
- Mega Man Star Force 1
- Mega Man Battle Network: Team Colonel
- Mega Man Network Transmission
- Rockman EXE WS
- Mega Man Battle Network 3: White
- Mega Man Battle Network 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 1
- Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (Randomizer)